This is a new collection of translated movie subtitles from http://www.opensubtitles.org/. This is a slightly cleaner version of the subtitle collection using improved sentence alignment and better language checking.
IMPORTANT: If you use the OpenSubtitle corpus: Please, add a link to http://www.opensubtitles.org/ to your website and to your reports and publications produced with the data! I promised this when I got the data from the providers of that website! Please cite the following article if you use any part of the corpus in your own work: P. Lison and J. Tiedemann, 2016, OpenSubtitles2016: Extracting Large Parallel Corpora from Movie and TV Subtitles
. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2016) For more information, please look at J. Tiedemann, 2016, Finding Alternative Translations in a Large Corpus of Movie Subtitles.
In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2016) (and, please, cite the paper as well).
- We do not own any of the text from which the data has been extracted.
- We only offer files that we believe we are free to redistribute. If any doubt occurs about the legality of any of our file downloads we will take them off right away after contacting us.
Notice and take down policy
Notice: Should you consider that our data contains material that is owned by you and should therefore not be reproduced here, please:
- Clearly identify yourself, with detailed contact data such as an address, telephone number or email address at which you can be contacted.
- Clearly identify the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed.
- Clearly identify the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material.
- And contact the OPUS project at the following email address: opus-project at helsinki.fi.
Take down: We will comply to legitimate requests by removing the affected sources from the next release of the corpus.