JRC-Acquis is a collection of legislative text of the European Union and currently comprises selected texts written between the 1950s and now. Source: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/language-technologies/jrc-acquis The version at OPUS is based on the paragraph-aligned corpus provided by JRC (aligned using hunalign) but adds also sentence boundary markup and sentence alignment for all sentence pairs. The format is also converted to be compatible with OPUS but contains the same information otherwise (content and metadata).
For licensing issues please check cite the following article
if you use any part of the corpus in your own work: Jörg Tiedemann, 2012, Parallel Data, Tools and Interfaces in OPUS
. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2012)
- We do not own any of the text from which the data has been extracted.
- We only offer files that we believe we are free to redistribute. If any doubt occurs about the legality of any of our file downloads we will take them off right away after contacting us.
Notice and take down policy
Notice: Should you consider that our data contains material that is owned by you and should therefore not be reproduced here, please:
- Clearly identify yourself, with detailed contact data such as an address, telephone number or email address at which you can be contacted.
- Clearly identify the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed.
- Clearly identify the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material.
- And contact the OPUS project at the following email address: opus-project at helsinki.fi.
Take down: We will comply to legitimate requests by removing the affected sources from the next release of the corpus.