FFR Dataset is an ongoing project to collect, clean and store corpora of Fon and French sentences for machine translation from Fon-French. Fon (also called Fongbe) is an African-indigenous language spoken mostly in Benin, by about 1.7 million people. As training data is crucial to the high performance of a machine learning model, the aim of this project is to compile the largest set of training corpora for the research and design of translation and NLP models involving Fon. The FFR project is hosted at GitHUb
Please cite the following article
if you use any part of the corpus in your own work: J. Tiedemann, 2012, Parallel Data, Tools and Interfaces in OPUS
. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2012)
- We do not own any of the text from which the data has been extracted.
- We only offer files that we believe we are free to redistribute. If any doubt occurs about the legality of any of our file downloads we will take them off right away after contacting us.
Notice and take down policy
Notice: Should you consider that our data contains material that is owned by you and should therefore not be reproduced here, please:
- Clearly identify yourself, with detailed contact data such as an address, telephone number or email address at which you can be contacted.
- Clearly identify the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed.
- Clearly identify the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material.
- And contact the OPUS project at the following email address: opus-project at helsinki.fi.
Take down: We will comply to legitimate requests by removing the affected sources from the next release of the corpus.